Terms and conditionsUpdated November 16, 2022
A2. About these terms
1. When you complete your Booking, you accept these Terms and any other ones that you’re provided with during the booking process.
2. If anything in these Terms is (or becomes) invalid or unenforceable:
3. These Terms are laid out like this:
- Section B: Accommodations
- Section C: Attractions
- Section D: Car rentals
- Section E: Flights
- Section F: Private and public transportation
4. The English version of these Terms is the original. If there’s any dispute about the Terms or any discrepancy between the Terms in English and another language, the Terms as they appear in English will apply. (You can change the language at the top of this page.)
A3. About Nile Trust Booking
1. When you book an accommodation, flight, or attraction, Nile Trust Booking B.V. provides and is responsible for the Platform, but not the Travel Experience itself (see A4.4 below).
2. When you book a rental car or private or public transportation, Nile Trust Booking Transport Limited provides and is responsible for the Platform, but not the Travel Experience itself (see A4.4 below).
3. We work with companies that provide local support services (e.g. Customer Support or account management). They don’t:
- control or manage our Platform
- have their own Platform
- have any legal or contractual relationship with you
- provide Travel Experiences
- represent us, enter into contracts, or accept legal documents in our name
- operate as our “process or service agents.”
A4. Our Platform
1. We take reasonable care in providing our Platform, but we can’t guarantee that everything on it is accurate (we get information from the Service Providers). To the extent permitted by law, we can’t be held responsible for any errors, any interruptions, or any missing bits of information, though we will do everything we can to correct/fix them as soon as we can.
2. Our Platform is not a recommendation or endorsement of any Service Provider or its products, services, facilities, vehicles, etc.
3. We’re not a party to the terms between you and the Service Provider. The Service Provider is solely responsible for the Travel Experience.
4. To make a Booking, you may need to create an Account. Make sure all your info (including payment and contact details) is correct and up to date, or you might not be able to access your Travel Experience(s). You’re responsible for anything that happens with your Account, so don’t let anyone else use it and keep your username and password secret.
5. We’ll show you the offers that are available to you, in (what we think is) the right language for you. You can change to another language whenever you like.
6. Unless otherwise indicated, you need to be at least 16 to use the Platform.
A5. Our values
1. You will:
1. When you make a Booking, you agree to pay the cost of the Travel Experience, including any taxes and charges that may apply.
2. Some of the prices you see may have been rounded to the nearest whole number. The price you pay will be based on the original, “non-rounded” price (although the actual difference will be tiny anyway).
3. Obvious errors and misprints are not binding. For example, if you book a premium car or a night in a luxury suite that was mistakenly offered for $1, we may simply cancel that Booking and refund anything you’ve paid.
4. A crossed-out price indicates the price of a like-for-like Booking without the price reduction applied (“like-for-like” means same dates, same policies, same quality of accommodation/vehicle/class of travel, etc.).
1. For some products/services, the Service Provider will require an Upfront Payment and/or a payment taken during your Travel Experience.
2. If the Service Provider requires an Upfront Payment, it may be taken or pre-authorized when you make your Booking, and it may be non-refundable. Before you book, check the Service Provider’s Upfront Payments policy (available during the booking process), which we don’t influence and aren’t responsible for.
3. If you know of or suspect any fraud or unauthorized use of your Payment Method, contact your payment provider, who may cover any resulting charges, possibly for a fee.
4. If the currency selected on the Platform isn't the same as the Service Provider's currency, we may:
You’ll see our Currency Conversion Rate during check-out, in the Booking details of your Account, or (if you don’t have an Account) in the email we send you. If we charge you fees in connection with any such services, you’ll find the fee expressed as a percentage over European Central Bank rates. Your card issuer may charge you a foreign transaction fee.
5. We’ll store your Payment Method details for future transactions after collecting your consent.
1. When you make a Booking, you accept the applicable policies as displayed in the booking process. You'll find each Service Provider's cancellation policy and any other policies (e.g. age requirements, security/damage deposits, additional supplements for group Bookings, extra beds, breakfast, pets, cards accepted, etc.) on our Platform, on the Service Provider information pages, during the booking process, in the fine print, and/or in the confirmation email or ticket (if applicable).
2. If you cancel a Booking or don’t show up, any cancellation/no-show fee or refund will depend on the Service Provider’s cancellation/no-show policy.
3. Some Bookings can’t be canceled for free, while others can only be canceled for free before a deadline.
4. If you book a Travel Experience by paying in advance (including all price components and/or a damage deposit if applicable), the Service Provider may cancel the Booking without notice if they can't collect the balance on the date specified. If they do, any non-refundable payment you’ve made will only be refunded at their discretion. It's your responsibility to make sure the payment goes through on time, that your bank, debit card, or credit card details are correct, and that there's enough money available in your account.
5. If you think you won’t arrive on time, contact your Service Provider and tell them when they can expect you so they don't cancel your Booking. If you’re late, we are not liable for the consequences (e.g. the cancellation of your Booking or any fees the Service Provider may charge).
6. As the person making the Booking, you are responsible for the actions and behavior (in relation to the Travel Experience) of everyone in the group. You’re also responsible for obtaining their permission before providing us with their personal data.
A9. Privacy and cookies
1. If you book an accommodation, flight, or attraction, read our Privacy and Cookie Notice for more info on privacy, cookies, and how we might contact you and process personal data
2. If you book ground transport, read the Rentalcars.com Privacy Statement, Cars.Nile Trust Booking Privacy Statement, or Taxi.Nile Trust Booking Privacy Statement to find out how we process your personal data.
A10. Accessibility requests
1. If you have any accessibility requests:
1. If you bought insurance through our Platform, refer to the policy document(s) for the terms and for further info. These Terms do not apply to insurance.
1. We may issue Rewards to you—at our sole discretion and subject to—(a) the terms here in A13 and (b) any Individual Reward Criteria that apply. If we make a clerical error (i) in calculating your Rewards or (ii) in converting currencies related to your Rewards, we can always change or correct any balances shown.
2. How to get Rewards. You might, for example, get a Reward by booking at a participating hotel or by making a certain number of Bookings in a given time period. When a Reward is available, we’ll explain what the specific conditions are and how to use it.
3. Where to find your Rewards. Once you’ve received one or more Rewards, you’ll find a “Rewards and Wallet” link in your Nile Trust Booking Account menu. Under the “Rewards” tab, you’ll see all the Rewards you’ve earned, what actions (if any) still need to be taken to obtain the Reward(s), and any other terms and conditions.
4. Types of Rewards. Rewards give you (a) Credits in your Wallet or (b) something different (e.g. a Credit Card Cashback or a coupon). We’ll explain each Reward at the appropriate time.
5. How to get Credits. Credits are usually issued as a result of getting a Reward. But we may issue Credits for other reasons, for example, if your Travel Experience didn’t live up to our usual high standards.
6. Where to find your Credits. Once you’ve received some Credits, you’ll find a “Rewards and Wallet” link in your Nile Trust Booking Account menu. Under the “Wallet” tab, you’ll see your total Credits balance (split into Travel Credits and Cash Credits if you have both kinds). You’ll see when Credits were received or spent, and when they’ll expire. If you have Cash Credits, you’ll also see a link to cash them out.
7. Types of Credits. Travel Credits can only be spent on certain Travel Experiences. We’ll show you which Travel Experiences you can pay for with Travel Credits (which specific accommodations, attractions, car rentals, etc.). Cash Credits can be cashed out to your Payment Method (click “Withdraw Cash Credit”), or spent on any Travel Experience that you can pay for with Travel Credits.
8. To receive any type of Rewards, you must, when qualifying for and using the Credits:
9. When a Reward is available, the Individual Reward Criteria will explain how (and if) you qualify for it. There may be:
10. Rewards can’t be sold, encumbered, or transferred in any way to a third party. In the event of an Account holder’s death, their Account will be closed and their Rewards (if any) will be canceled.
11. You can put either Cash Credits or Travel Credits toward the cost of an eligible Travel Experience on a participating Platform (e.g. www.Nile Trust Booking or a Group Company website).
12. If that Travel Experience costs less than you have in Credits, your unused Credits will remain available in your Wallet.
13. If that Travel Experience costs more than you have in Credits, you must make up the rest of the cost in time, using another accepted Payment Method, or your purchase will be canceled and your Credits returned to your Wallet.
14. If you have various Credits with more than one expiration date, the Credits with the earliest expiration date will be used first.
15. If you cancel a Travel Experience that you’ve paid for (in part or in full) with Credits, the Service Provider’s cancellation policy will determine whether or not your money and/or Credits are refunded. Our Customer Service team will be able to refund any Credits that you may be entitled to.
16. You can cash out Cash Credits (but not Travel Credits) to a Payment Method.
17. Your Wallet’s default currency is determined by your location, residency, or another currency we may elect. If you get any Credits or Credit Card Cashbacks in another currency, we’ll convert them to your default currency, or another currency we may elect, using our Currency Conversion Rate.
18. If a Reward was issued because you booked a Travel Experience, any associated Credits that haven’t been used will be deleted from your Wallet if that Travel Experience is canceled.
19. We reserve the right to cancel any Reward that was obtained by fraud.
20. If you didn’t receive a Reward that you should have, contact our Customer Service team no more than 12 months after you did what you believe qualified you for it. Please provide any supporting documentation you have. If you don’t do this within 12 months, you won’t be able to claim the Reward.
21. All Credits have an expiration date, which you’ll find in the “Credits” section of your Wallet.
23. Your obligations:
24. If you don’t adhere to the rules in this section, we may automatically suspend or cancel your Wallet.
25. You may not use your Wallet or Rewards in any way that is misleading, unfair, or harmful.
26. We may set off/settle any or all of your Credits against any claim we (or a Group Company) have against you. We may do this at any time, and without advance notice.
27. We may change, suspend, or end any aspect of the Wallet, Rewards, and Credits. In particular, we might change:
28. We’ll make reasonable efforts to give you prior notice if we make any changes or stop providing Wallets altogether.
29. If we stop providing Wallets, all Credits and Rewards that haven’t expired will be valid for another 12 months.
A14. Intellectual property rights
1. Unless otherwise stated, all rights in our Platform (technology, content, trademarks, look and feel, etc.) are owned by Nile Trust Booking (or its licensors), and by using our Platform, you agree to do so for its intended purpose only and to respect the conditions set out below in paragraphs A14.2 and A14.3.
2. You’re not allowed to monitor, copy, scrape/crawl, download, reproduce, or otherwise use anything on our Platform for any commercial purpose without written permission of Nile Trust Booking or its licensors.
3. We keep a close eye on every visit to our Platform, and we’ll block anyone (and any automated system) we suspect of:
4. By uploading any picture to our Platform (e.g. for a review), you’re confirming that it complies with our criteria and that:
5. Just to be clear, we’re not responsible or liable for any picture uploaded to our Platform, and we’re allowed to remove any picture at our discretion (e.g. if a picture does not meet the above criteria).
A15. What if something goes wrong?
1. If you have a question or complaint, contact our Customer Service team. You can do so by accessing your Booking through our app or through our Help Center (where you’ll also find some useful FAQs). You can help us help you as quickly as possible by providing:
2. All questions and complaints are recorded, and the most urgent ones are treated as highest priority.
3. If you're a resident of the European Economic Area and aren’t happy with the way we handle your complaint, you may be able to complain via the European Commission's ODR (Online Dispute Resolution) platform (ec.europa.eu/odr). It depends on what your complaint was about:
4. If you’re a resident of the Czech Republic and aren’t happy with the way we handle your complaint, you can complain to the Czech Trade Inspection Authority: Central Inspectorate, ADR Department, registered office Štěpánská 15, Prague 2, postal code: 120 00, email: email@example.com, https://www.coi.cz/informace-o-adr/.
5. If you’re a resident of Brazil and aren’t happy with the way we handle your complaint, you can complain via the Brazilian Federal Consumer Dispute Resolution Platform (consumidor.gov.br/).
6. We try to resolve disputes internally, and aren’t obliged to submit to any alternative dispute resolution procedures handled by independent providers.
A16. Communication with the Service Provider
1. We may help you communicate with your Service Provider, but we can’t guarantee that they’ll read anything from you or that they’ll do what you ask. In itself, the fact that you contact them or that they contact you doesn’t mean you have any grounds for legal action.
A17. Measures against unacceptable behavior
1. We have the right to stop you from making any Bookings, to cancel any Bookings you’ve made, and/or to stop you from using our Platform, our Customer Service, and/or your Account. Of course, we’ll only do this if in our opinion there’s a good reason to, such as:
2. If we cancel a Booking as a result, you won’t be entitled to a refund. We may tell you why we canceled your Booking, unless telling you would (a) contravene applicable laws and/or (b) prevent or obstruct the detection or prevention of fraud or other illegal activities. If you believe we incorrectly canceled your Booking, contact our Customer Service team.
>A18. Limitation of liability1. To the extent permitted by mandatory consumer law, we’ll only be liable for costs you incur as a direct result of a failure on our behalf. This means, to the extent permitted by law, we won’t be liable for any:
2. If you breach these Terms and/or the Service Provider’s terms, to the extent permitted by law:
3. To the extent permitted by law, the most that we or any Service Provider will be liable for (whether for one or a series of connected events) is the cost of your Booking, as set out in your confirmation email.
4. Nothing in these terms will limit our (or the Service Provider’s) liability in respect of our (or their) own (i) negligence that leads to death or personal injury or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
5. We don’t make any promises about Service Providers’ products and services apart from what we expressly state in these Terms. Making the right choice(s) is entirely your responsibility.
6. Just to be clear, nothing in these Terms will entitle any third party other than the Service Provider to anything.
7. You may be protected by mandatory consumer protection laws and regulations, which guarantee you rights that no company’s terms can overrule. In that case, our liability is determined not just by these Terms, but also by any applicable consumer protection laws and regulations.
A19. Applicable law and forum
1. To the extent permitted by mandatory local (consumer) law, these Terms and our services will be governed by Dutch law (for accommodations, flights, or attractions) or English law (for car rentals and private/public transportation).
2. To the extent permitted by mandatory local (consumer) law, any dispute will exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in Amsterdam (for accommodations, flights, or attractions) or England and Wales (for car rentals and private/public transportation).
A20. Linked travel arrangements
3. Nile Trust Booking has voluntarily extended this insolvency protection to customers outside of the EU and UK who have booked multiple travel services via Nile Trust Booking that constitute Linked Travel Arrangements within the meaning of the Package Travel Requirements. This extension only applies to payments received by Nile Trust Booking.
4. Nile Trust Booking has taken out insolvency protection by way of a bank guarantee with Deutsche Bank administered by Sedgwick International UK for any monies paid directly to Nile Trust Booking.
5. Travelers may contact Sedgwick International UK (60 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4AD, the United Kingdom, tel. +44 207 530 0600, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if the services are denied because of Nile Trust Booking's insolvency.
6. Note: This insolvency protection does not cover contracts with parties other than Nile Trust Booking, which can be performed despite Nile Trust Booking's insolvency.
7. See Directive (EU) 2015/2302 as transposed into national law in the European Union or in the United Kingdom. Back to top B. Accommodations B1. Scope of this section B2. Contractual relationship B3. What we will do B4. What you need to do B5. Price and payment B6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds B7. What else do you need to know? B1. Scope of this section 1. This section contains the specific terms
for Accommodations products and services. B2. Contractual relationship
1. When you make a Booking, it’s directly with the Service Provider. We’re not a “contractual party” to your Booking.
2. Nile Trust Booking B.V. owns and operates the Platform.
3. Our Platform only shows Accommodations that have a commercial relationship with us, and it doesn’t necessarily show all their products or services.
4. Information about Service Providers (e.g. facilities, house rules, sustainability measures) and their Travel Experiences (e.g. prices, availability, and cancellation policies) is based on what they provide to us. They’re responsible for making sure it’s accurate and up to date. B3. What we will do
1. We provide the Platform on which Service Providers can promote and sell their Accommodations, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
2. Once you’ve booked your Accommodation, we will provide you and the Service Provider with details of your Booking, including the names of the guest(s).
3. Depending on the terms of your Booking, we may be able to help you change or cancel it if you want. B4. What you need to do
1. Fill in all your contact details correctly, so we and/or the Service Provider can provide you with info about your Booking and, if necessary, contact you.
2. Read these Terms and the terms displayed during the booking process carefully.
3. Take care of the Accommodation and its furniture, fixtures, electronics, and other contents, and leave things in the same state they were in when you got there. If anything is broken, damaged, or lost, make sure you report it to the staff there as soon as you can, before you check out.
4. Maintain the security of the Accommodation and its contents during your stay. So, for example, don’t leave doors or windows unlocked. B5. Price and payment
1. See “Prices” (A6) and “Payment” (A7) above. B6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds 1. See “Policies” (A8) above. B7. What else do you need to know? We Price Match
1. We want you to get the best possible price every time. If, after you've booked your Accommodation with us, you find the same Accommodation (with the same conditions) for less on another website, we promise to refund the difference, subject to the We Price Match terms and conditions. Partner offer
2. Some offers on our Platform are marked as “Partner offers,” which means they come to us through a Nile Trust Booking partner company, rather than straight from a Service Provider. Unless otherwise indicated, any Partner offer that you reserve: Must be paid for at the time of booking Can't be modified. However, if it offers free cancellation, you’ll be able to cancel it for free, as long as you do so in time. Can't be combined with any other offers (promotions, incentives, or rewards) Can't be scored or reviewed on our Platform. Price incentives by Nile Trust Booking
3. Some of the price reductions you see are funded by us, not by the Service Provider. We simply pay some of the cost ourselves. Damage policy
4. When you’re booking, you may see that some Service Providers refer to a “damage policy.” This means that if anyone in your group loses or damages anything: you should inform the Service Provider instead of charging you for it directly, the Service Provider will have 14 days to submit a damage payment request through our Platform, under your reservation number if they do, we’ll tell you, then you can tell us if you have any comments and whether you agree with the charge – then: if you agree, we’ll charge you on their behalf if you disagree, we’ll look into it and decide whether or not to discuss it further*.
5. There’s a limit (displayed while you’re booking) to how much the Service Provider can charge you under the damage policy through our Platform.
6. Any payment you make would be between the Service Provider and you. We’d just be organizing it on the Service Provider’s behalf.
7. The damage policy doesn’t relate to general cleaning, ordinary wear and tear, any crimes (such as theft), or any non-physical “damages” (e.g. fines for smoking or bringing pets).
8. The Service Provider might require a “damage deposit” before or at check-in. If they do, we’ll tell you about it while you’re booking – but it has nothing to do with the “damage policy.” We won’t be involved in any financial settlement related to damage deposits. * If there’s any damage, the Service Provider can always decide to initiate a (legal) claim against you outside of the damage policy, in which case the limit (see 5 above) wouldn’t apply. How we work
9. For info on reviews, ranking, how we make money (and more), check out How We Work. Back to top C. Attractions C1. Scope of this section C2. Contractual relationship C3. What we will do C4. What you need to do C5. Price and payment C6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds C7. What else do you need to know? C1. Scope of this section 1. This section contains the specific terms for Attractions products and services. C2. Contractual relationship
1. We do not (re)sell, offer, or provide any Attractions on our own behalf. When you book an Attraction, you enter into a contract directly with (a) the Service Provider or (b) a Third-Party Aggregator (if they’re reselling the Attraction), as disclosed during the booking process.
2. We act solely as the Platform and are not involved in the Third-Party Terms. We are not responsible for your ticket and (to the fullest extent permitted by law) have no liability to you in relation to your Booking. C3. What we will do
1. We provide the Platform on which Service Providers and (from time to time) Third-Party Aggregators can promote and sell Travel Experiences, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
2. Once you’ve booked your Attraction, we’ll provide you and the Service Provider with details of the Booking. If the Service Provider needs more than your name, we’ll tell you at the time of booking.
3. Depending on the terms of your Booking, we may be able to help you change or cancel it if you want. C4. What you need to do
1. You must fill in all your contact details correctly, so we and/or the Service Provider can provide you with information about your Booking and, if necessary, contact you.
2. You must read and agree to comply with our Terms and the Third-Party Terms (which will be displayed at check-out) and acknowledge that breaching them may lead to additional charges and/or the cancellation of your Booking. C5. Price and payment
1. When you book an Attraction, we’ll organize your payment. For details of how this works (including the related rights and obligations), see “Payment” (A7) above. C6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds
1. Please see “Policies” (A8) above. C7. What else do you need to know? How we work
1. For info on reviews, ranking, how we make money (and more), check out How We Work. Back to top D. Car rentals D1. Scope of this section D2. Contractual relationship D3. What we will do D4. What you need to do D5. Price and payment D6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds D7. What else do you need to know? D1. Scope of this section
1. This section contains the specific terms for Car Rental products and services. D2. Contractual relationship
1. When you book a Rental, your Booking is either (a) with us or (b) directly with the Service Provider. Either way: our Terms govern the booking process. When we send you your Booking Confirmation, you’ll enter a contract with us the Rental Agreement governs the Rental itself. When you sign this at the rental counter, you’ll enter a contract with the Service Provider, but you’ll see and accept the key terms of it while you’re booking your car.
2. In most cases, you’ll get your Booking Confirmation as soon as you complete your Booking. However, if the Service Provider doesn't confirm your Rental immediately, we won’t take payment or send you your Booking Confirmation until they’ve done so.
3. If there’s any discrepancy between these Terms and the Rental Agreement, the Rental Agreement will apply. D3. What we will do
1. We provide the Platform on which Service Providers can promote and sell their Travel Experiences, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
2. We don’t guarantee the precise make and model you’re booking (unless we expressly say so). The phrase “or similar” means you could get a similar car (i.e. the same size, type of transmission, etc.). The car pictures are illustrative only.
3. Once you’ve booked your Rental: we’ll give the Service Provider the Booking details (e.g. the Main Driver's name and phone number) we’ll provide you with Pick-up information (e.g. the Service Provider's contact details, and info on what you need to take with you). D4. What you need to do
1. You must provide all the information we need to arrange your Booking (e.g. contact details, pick-up time, etc.).
2. You must read and agree to comply with these Terms and the Rental Agreement, and acknowledge that if you breach them: you might have to pay additional charges your Booking might be canceled the staff might refuse to hand over the keys at the rental counter.
3. You must check your Rental's specific requirements, as many details (e.g. driver’s license requirements, security deposit size, paperwork needed, payment cards accepted, etc.) vary per Rental. Make sure you carefully read: these Terms the key terms of the Rental Agreement, which you'll see while you’re booking, and the Rental Agreement itself, which you'll receive at Pick-up.
4. You must be at the rental counter by your pick-up time. If you’re late, the car may no longer be available, and you won’t be entitled to a refund. If you think you might be late, contact the Service Provider or us, even if it's because of a flight delay and you’ve provided your flight number.
5. The key terms of your Rental tell you what the Main Driver needs at pick-up. You must ensure that when they get to the rental counter, they bring everything they need (e.g. driver’s license, required ID, and a credit card in their own name, with enough available funds to cover the security deposit).
6. You must make sure the Main Driver is both eligible and fit (in the Service Provider’s opinion) to drive the car.
7. You must have all the documents (e.g. ID, driver’s license) that you need at pick-up.
driver's full, valid driver’s license, which they must have held for at least 1 year (or longer, in many cases). If any driver has endorsements/points on their license, let us know as soon as possible, as the Service Provider may not allow them to drive.
9. You must ensure that any driver with a driver’s license issued in England, Scotland, or Wales obtains a license “check code” no more than 21 days before Pick-up.
10. You must ensure that every driver has their own International Driving Permit (if they need one) as well as their driver’s license. All drivers must carry their driver’s license (and International Driving Permit, if necessary) at all times.
11. You must ensure that every child has an appropriate child seat if they need one.
12. If anything goes wrong during your Rental (e.g. accident, breakdown, etc.), you must: contact the Service Provider not authorize any repairs without the Service Provider's consent keep all documentation (e.g. repair bills, police reports, etc.) to share with us/the Service Provider/an insurance company. D5. Price and payment
1. Nile Trust Booking Transport Limited is the merchant of record for your Booking. For details of our payment process, see “Payment” (A7) above. Additional costs and fees
2. In many cases, the Service Provider will charge a young driver fee for each driver under a certain age (e.g. 25). In some cases, they may charge a senior driver fee for each driver over a certain age (e.g. 65). When booking on our Platform, you must enter the Main Driver's age, so we can show you details of any age-related fee(s), which you would pay at pick-up.
3. In many cases, the Service Provider will charge a one-way fee if you drop the car off at a different location. If you intend to do this, you need to enter the drop-off location while booking, so we can tell you if it’s possible, and show you details of any one-way fee, which you would pay at Pick-up.
4. In many cases, the Service Provider will charge a cross-border fee for taking the car to a different country/state/island. If you intend to do this, tell us and/or the Service Provider as soon as you can before pick-up.
5. The price of your Rental is calculated based on 24-hour units, for example, a 25-hour rental will cost as much as a 48-hour rental.
6. If after pick-up you decide you want to keep the car longer, contact the Service Provider. They'll tell you how much this would cost, and you'll enter a new contract with them directly. If you drop the car off late without agreeing this in advance, they may charge an additional fee as well. Extras
7. In some cases, you'll pay for any optional extras (e.g. child seats, GPS, winter tires, etc.) when you book your car, in which case you're guaranteed to get them at pick-up.
8. In other cases, you'll simply request any extras when you book your car, in which case: you'll pay for them at Pick-up, and the Service Provider doesn't guarantee they'll be available for you. D6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds
1. We go above and beyond our legal obligations. Even though local laws don’t require us to offer specific cancellation rights, we guarantee that we will honor our refunds policy if you cancel your Booking.
2. The following “Cancellation and Amendments” terms apply to all Bookings apart from: Bookings with Dollar or Thrifty that were booked before January 26, 2021 (check your rental terms) Bookings that are labeled “non-refundable” (you cannot amend a non-refundable Booking, and won’t receive a refund if you cancel it). Cancellations 3. If you cancel:
MORE THAN 48 hours before your rental is due to start, you’ll receive a full refund. LESS THAN 48 hours before or while you’re at the rental counter, we’ll refund what you paid minus the cost of 3 days of your rental. There won’t be any refund if your car was booked for 3 days or less. AFTER your rental is due to start (or if you no-show), you’ll receive no refund.
4. The counter staff may refuse you the car if (for example): You don’t arrive on time You are not eligible to rent the car You don’t have the documentation you need The main driver doesn’t have a credit card in their own name, with enough available funds for the car’s security deposit. If that happens, call us from the rental counter to cancel your Booking, and you’ll receive a refund, minus the cost of 3 days of your rental. Otherwise you won’t be entitled to a refund. Amendments (changes to your Booking)
5. You can make changes to your Booking anytime before you’re due to pick the car up.
6. In most cases, the easiest way to do this is via our app or our website (under “Manage Booking”).
7. There is no administration fee for changing your Booking, but any changes you make may affect the rental price. Sometimes the only way we can change a Booking is to cancel it and make another one, in which case we may charge you a cancellation fee on the rental company’s behalf.
8. If changing your Booking would change the price or incur a cancellation fee, we will tell you in advance. Changes made by us
9. If we/the Service Provider need to change your Booking (e.g. if the Service Provider can’t provide the car), we’ll tell you as soon as we can. If you don't accept that change, you’ll be entitled to cancel and claim a full refund (no matter how close the start of your Rental is) but we won’t have any additional liability for any direct or indirect costs you may incur (e.g. hotel room, taxis). D7. What else do you need to know? General
1. In all cases, drivers must be at least a minimum age to rent or drive a car. In some cases, they must also be below a maximum age. The limit(s) can vary by Service Provider, location, and type of car.
2. Only eligible drivers whose names appear on the Rental Agreement may drive the car.
3. You must not take the car to a different country/state/island and/or drop it off at a different location without arranging this in advance. Late pick-up and early drop-off
4. If you pick your car up later (see D4.4 above) or drop it off earlier than agreed in your Booking Confirmation, the Service Provider will not refund you for the “unused” time. How we work
5. For info on reviews, ranking, how we make money (and more), check out How We Work. Back to top E. Flights E1. Scope of this section E2. Contractual relationship E3. What we will do E4. What you need to do E5. Price and payment E6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds E7. What else do you need to know?
5. If you have any questions about changes, cancellations, or refunds, contact our Customer Service team. uirements review any warnings or advice from your country of residence/origin before you go to/through a country or region.
15. By arranging travel to or from any location, we are not guaranteeing that it is without risk and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any resulting damages or losses.
16. It’s not a common practice, but international law allows “disinfection” of aircrafts to kill insects. To do this, personnel might spray the aircraft’s cabin with an aerosol insecticide while passengers are on board, or treat its interior surfaces with a residual insecticide while they’re not on board. Before you travel, we advise you to find out about disinfection, including where it might happen. Entry/Exit fees
17. Fees charged by countries or airports to persons entering/leaving the country are not covered by your fare. Before you travel, we advise you to find out if you’ll have to pay this kind of fee. UK: Your financial protection
18. ATOL Holder: Nile Trust Booking B.V. sportation F1. Scope of this section F2. Contractual relationship F3. What we will do F4. What you need to do F5. Price and payment F6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds F7. What else do you need to know? F1. Scope of this section 1. This section contains the specific terms for Private and Public Transportation products and services. F2. Contractual relationship
1. When you pre-book Private or Public Transportation, your Booking will be directly with the Service Provider. When you book an On-Demand Private Transportation, your Booking will be with the Third-Party Aggregator. In all cases, our Terms will govern the booking process.
2. Pre-Booked Private Transportation. You and the Service Provider both agree to comply with these Terms.
3. Public Transportation and On-Demand Private Transportation. You’ll be provided with the Service Provider’s terms during the booking process. If there is any discrepancy between their terms and our Terms, their terms will apply.
4. On-Demand Private Transportation. By making a Booking, you are confirming that you: have read and accept the Service Provider's terms agree to contact the Service Provider directly about anything that goes wrong understand that the Service Provider is responsible for arranging and providing your Private Transportation, choosing routes, setting prices, and providing all relevant information accept that we just provide a booking platform (i.e. an API service), and will not be liable for any loss you suffer because of anything the driver/Service Provider does or does not do. Not all Service Providers have their own terms, but you’re welcome to check out all the terms that we’ve been provided with. F3. What we will do
1. We provide the Platform on which Service Providers can promote and sell their Travel Experiences, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
2. Once you’ve made your Booking, we’ll give the Service Provider your details (e.g. your name, phone number, and pick-up location).
3. All Private Transportation. We’ll give you the Service Provider's contact details.
4. Pre-Booked Private Transportation. We’ll make sure the Service Provider knows what size vehicle you’ve requested.
5. Public Transportation. We’ll give you (or tell you how to collect) your ticket(s). F4. What you need to do
1. You must check the details of your Booking carefully, and provide all the information we need to arrange your Booking (your requirements, contact details, etc.).
2. You must make sure everyone in your group complies with our Terms and (where applicable) the Service Provider’s terms, which you saw and accepted during the booking process. You acknowledge that if you breach them: you might have to pay additional charges your Booking might be canceled your driver may refuse to transport you.
3. Bear in mind that estimated journey times don’t take traffic conditions into account.
4. All Private Transportation. You must make sure all passengers are at the pick-up location on time.
5. All Private Transportation. At and around your pick-up time, you must have the phone (whose number you entered when booking) turned on and able to receive calls/texts, in case the driver needs to contact you. We can't guarantee they’ll be able to reach you through messaging applications such as WhatsApp or Viber.
6. Pre-Booked Private Transportation. For any airport pick-up, you must give us your flight details at least 24 hours before your pick-up time, so your Service Provider can adjust it if your flight is delayed. If they can’t provide Private Transportation following a flight delay or cancellation, contact our Customer Service team.
7. Public Transportation. You must make sure all passengers arrive on time, leaving enough time to collect tickets if necessary.
8. You must be 18 or older to make a Booking, and any passenger under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
9. You must make sure no passenger behaves inappropriately (e.g. being abusive or doing anything that might endanger someone).
10. You must make sure you choose Public/Private Transportation that’s suitable (in terms of party size, amount of luggage, accessibility requirements, etc.). F5. Price and payment
1. Nile Trust Booking Transport Limited is the merchant of record for your Booking. For details of our payment process, see “Payment” (A7) above.
2. Pre-Booked Private Transportation. Price includes any tolls, traffic charges, taxes, and peak surcharges. Payment is taken at the time of booking.
3. On-Demand Private Transportation. Price will be confirmed (and payment taken) when your driver drops you off. The price might be different from the price estimated when you booked. You are responsible for any tolls, traffic charges, taxes, peak surcharges, and tips.
4. Public Transportation. Payment is taken when your Booking is confirmed. Before departure, the Service Provider may need to see your ticket(s)/e-ticket(s). Keep it/them with you at all times, or you might have to pay again.
5. The Service Provider/driver doesn’t have to agree to any changes to the Journey that you request in person. If they do, they may charge extra.
F6. Amendments, cancellations, and refunds Cancellation
1. In most cases... Pre-Booked Private Transportation. You can cancel for free up to 24 hours before your pick-up time (2 hours in some cases – see your confirmation). If you don't cancel on time, you won't be entitled to a refund. On-Demand Private Transportation. You can cancel anytime before your pick-up time, but the Service Provider may charge you a cancellation fee. Public Transportation. You probably won’t be entitled to a refund once your Booking is confirmed. If your plans change, contact our Customer Service team to discuss any options that might be available.
2. If your Service Provider has a different cancellation policy (which you’ll see while booking), their policy will apply instead.
3. We and/or the Service Provider may cancel the Booking with little or no notice, but this would only happen in very specific situations. For example, if: the Service Provider becomes insolvent or is genuinely unable to honor your Booking, in which case we'll do our best to arrange alternative transport (and we'll refund you in full if we can't) you breach these Terms and/or the Service Provider's terms, in which case you won't be entitled to any refund. Amendments (changes) before your Journey begins
4. Pre-Booked Private Transportation. Your confirmation email will tell you how much notice you need to give (ahead of your pick-up time) to request any changes to your Booking (such as location or time).
5. On-Demand Private Transportation. To change your Booking, you may need to cancel it (which might incur a cancellation fee) and make a new one.
6. Public Transportation. You can’t change your Booking once it's confirmed.
7. If we/the Service Provider need to change your Booking (e.g. a strike that interferes with your journey), we’ll tell you as soon as we can. If you then decide to cancel: Any Transport. Unless you cancel for one of the reasons in the next bullet, you’ll be entitled to a full refund (no matter how close your journey is). Any Private Transportation. If the change is simply a new driver, a new Service Provider, or a new (similar) vehicle, you won’t be entitled to a refund (unless you’re canceling with enough notice). Either way, neither we nor the Service Provider will be liable for any costs you may incur (e.g. alternative transport, hotel rooms). Refunds
8. If you want to apply for a refund, you must do so in writing no more than 14 days after your pick-up time.
9. Any refund may take up to 5 business days to arrive in your account.
10. All Private Transportation. If your driver isn’t at the pick-up location on time, you can apply for a refund, and we’ll investigate this for you.
11. All Private Transportation. You won't be entitled to a refund if your ride doesn't go ahead as planned because: the driver/Service Provider can't contact you one or more passengers isn't at the pick-up location on time, and you haven't requested a new pick-up time you request unreasonable changes to the pick-up time or Journey you don’t tell us/the Service Provider/the driver about a change you want to make you’d provided incorrect details when booking your Private Transportation (e.g. pick-up location, contact details, number of people, amount of luggage, etc.) of something that one or more passengers did/didn’t do. F7. What else do you need to know? Pre-Booked Private Transportation
1. Check your confirmation email to see how long the driver will wait at the pick-up location. On-Demand Private Transportation
2. The driver may not wait beyond the pick-up time, If they do, they may charge you for the time spent waiting. If you aren’t at the pick-up location on time, you may be charged a cancellation fee. Repair or cleaning charges
3. If anything needs to be repaired or cleaned because someone in your group has done something unreasonable or is in breach of these terms, you’ll be responsible for the cost of repairs/cleaning. How we work
4. For info on reviews, ranking, how we make money (and more), check out How We Work. Back to top Nile Trust Booking dictionary “Account” means an account (with Nile Trust Booking or a Group Company), through which you can book Travel Experiences on our Platform. “Accommodation” means the provision of an accommodation service by a Service Provider (throughout Section B, “Service Provider” means the provider of the accommodation service). “Attraction” means the provision of an Attraction service by a Service Provider (throughout Section C, “Service Provider” means the provider of the Attraction service). “Attraction service(s)” includes, but is not limited to, tours, museums, attractions, activities, and experiences. “Booking” means the booking of a Travel Experience on our Platform, whether you pay for it now or later. “Nile Trust Booking,” “us,” “we,” or “our” means Nile Trust Booking B.V. (for accommodation, flights, or attractions) or Nile Trust Booking Transport Limited (for any ground transport service). Corporate contact “Booking Confirmation” (in the “Car rentals” section) means the confirmation email and coupon we send you, explaining the details of your Booking. “Cash Credits” means a benefit with a monetary value that you can “cash out” to the Payment Method that we have on file for you, or put toward the cost of a future Travel Experience. “Contract of Carriage” means the contract between you and the Service Provider, which deals with your Flight. “Credits” means a benefit with a monetary value. There are “Cash Credits” and “Travel Credits.” “Credit Card Cashback” means a benefit with a monetary value that can be cashed out to the credit card that we have on file for you, but can’t be put toward the cost of a future Travel Experience. “Currency Conversion Rate” means the rate that we use to convert currency; this is currently the WM/Refinitiv Closing Spot Rate, but this may change. “Eligible Booking” means a Booking that meets the criteria to qualify for a Reward. “Individual Reward Criteria” means rules that apply to certain Rewards in addition to the general “Rewards, Credits, & Wallet” terms (A13) above. “Main Driver” means the driver whose details were entered during the booking process, the only person who can change or cancel that Booking, or discuss it with us (unless they tell us they nominate someone else to do this). “On-Demand Private Transportation” means a private vehicle that you request when you arrive at the pick-up location (or just before). “Our Services” (in the “Car rentals” section) means our online car rental reservation system, through which Service Providers can offer their products and services, and you can book them. “Pay In Your Own Currency” means the payment option that we sometimes offer when a Service Provider doesn’t use your currency. This option lets you pay in your currency instead. “Payment Method” means the method (e.g. credit card, debit card, bank account, PayPal, ApplePay, etc.) used to make a payment or transfer money. “Pick-up” (in the “Car rentals” section) means the process at the start of your Rental, when you provide the required ID and other documentation, pay for any fees and additional extras, enter into the Rental Agreement, and collect your car. “Pick-up Time” (in the “Car rentals” section) means the (local) date and time you’re due to pick up your car, as stated in your Booking Confirmation. “Pick-up Time” (in the “Private and Public Transportation” section) means the (local) time when a Pre-Booked Private Transportation is due to reach the pick-up location, or when an On-Demand Private Transportation actually reaches the pick-up location. “Platform” means the website/app on which you can book Travel Experiences, whether owned or managed by Nile Trust Booking or by a third-party affiliate. “Pre-Booked Private Transportation” means a private vehicle that you request at least 2 hours before you arrive at the pick-up location. “Private Transportation Journey” means the private transportation journey as set out in the Booking (including any changes after the Booking was made). “Public Transportation” means trains, buses, trams, and other types of public transportation. “Public Transportation Journey” means the public transportation journey as set out in the Booking (including any changes after the Booking was made). “Rental” (or “Car Rental”) means the provision of a car by a Service Provider (throughout Section D, “Service Provider” means the rental company that provides the car). “Rental Agreement” means the contract between you and the Service Provider, which you sign at pick-up. You’ll be provided with a summary of the key terms during the booking process. “Rewards” means a benefit that you are promised. In most cases, Rewards will be Travel Credits, Cash Credits, a Credit Card Cashback, or a coupon for an item of some kind. “Service Provider” means the provider of a travel-related product or service on the Platform, including but not limited to the owner of a hotel or other property (for an “accommodation” Booking), a museum or park (for an “attraction” Booking), or a car rental company or airline (for a “transport” Booking). “Services” (in the “Private and Public Transportation” section) means the provision of a Public Transportation Journey or Private Transportation Journey. “Terms” means these terms of service. “Third-Party Aggregator” means a company that acts as either (a) an intermediary between you and the Service Provider or (b) a reseller of the Travel Experience. “Travel Credits” means a benefit with a monetary value that you can put toward the cost of a future Travel Experience, but can’t “cash out.” “Travel Experience” means one of the travel-related products or services on the Platform. “Upfront Payment” means a payment that you make when you book a product or service, rather than when you actually use it. “Wallet” means a dashboard in your Account that shows your Rewards, Credits, and other incentives. VERSION: 1.0 DATE: novermber 19 2022 We'll update these terms of service on a regular basis (once or twice per year). Back to top For reservations made before Novermber 19 2022 Stays, and attractions Car rentals Airport taxis Save time, save money! Sign up and we'll send the best deals to you Enter your email address and we'll send you our best deals Your email Subscribe Send me a link to get the FREE Nile Trust Booking app! List your property Mobile versionYour accountMake changes online to your bookingCustomer Service HelpBecome an affiliateNile Trust Booking for Business Countries Regions Cities Districts Airports Hotels Places of interest Homes Apartments Resorts Villas Hostels B&Bs Guest houses Unique places to stay Reviews Unpacked: Travel articles Travel communities Seasonal and holiday deals Car rental Restaurant reservations Nile Trust Booking for Travel Agents About Nile Trust Booking Customer Service Help Partner help Careers Sustainability Press center Safety Resource Center Investor relations Terms & conditions Partner dispute How We Work Privacy & cookie statement MSA statement Corporate contact We Price Match Extranet login Copyright © 1996–2022 Nile Trust Booking™. All rights reserved. Nile Trust Booking is part of Booking Holdings Inc., the world leader in online travel and related services. Nile Trust Booking Priceline Kayak Agoda Rentalcars OpenTable